Sunday 27 July 2014

Ellen's Book Nook #1

The Scarecrows Wedding by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler

It's safe to say that Donaldson & Scheffler are the king and queen of picture books. I have been reading their books to my daughter since she was born. They are among her favourites and she has yet to grow out of any of them. This new book is just as great as the previous ones but I'll let the true expert my 9 year old daughter Ellen tell you what she thinks of it.

"This book is about two scarecrows who have fallen in love and want to get married. I think it's a really sweet story. I like the way that they made a of list everything they needed to get married. I also love the way the geese agree to give them thier feathers for the wedding dress and the spider offers his web to sew the feathers together. I like the way it rhymes and I loved the way the scarecrows looked. I would recommend it to ages 3-9 I think little children would like it read as a bedtime story and I think most older children would like it too. I would give it a 5/5". - Ellen 

So there you have it. It's safe to say that this book does not disappoint and will take a loving place beside my daughters bed along with Donaldson & Sheffler's other books The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child and Room On A Broom to name just a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment